Need some inspiration for setting personal organization goals in 2009?
Check out the Daily Routines blog.
It complies the daily routines of notable public figures of the past and present. Subjects range from famous architects and artists to scientists and statesmen. There are also categories like "Drinkers," "Night Owls," and "Procrastinators."
I was particularly interested to see how many of them schedule 1) time for thinking and 2) time for play – both of which I will attempt to schedule more of in 2009. I already do both – think and play – it's the scheduling part that is interesting. Both thinking and playing seem to get pushed to the bottom of the to-do list or snuck into the crevices of an overly scheduled day of meetings, "just gotta get it done" work, (and my beloved but totally distracting iPhone). I'm inspired to actively think, to "think forward," rather than stay in "I'm too busy" reaction mode.
How about you? Making any New Year's resolutions yet?

1 comment:
Interesting to see a day in the life of these people. Personal favorite was Ben Franklin who sets a purpose for each day and later takes time to measures his success.
I've never been a fan of to-do lists but maybe writing down your daily tasks makes them official and therefore more likely to be accomplished faster.
Something I'll consider in 09.
Post a Comment