quick stats:
- 93% of parents who play computer games and videogames have children who also play them
- 39% of gamer moms play by themselves at least once a week (on which console?)
- 36% play computer games with their kids at least once a week
- 59% play computer games with their spouses
2 comments:
Interesting stat for gaming moms.
I think it has a lot to do with the exhilaration of escaping to another world. One of my all time favorite commercials was done by TBWA for Playstation. I think their insight was right on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bqq38WZctA
Hey Erin, how you been? :)
As you know I'm a huge gamer so I have my two-cents on this topic.
I question the stats actually (source pls?) because computer games are generally solitary. There aren't a lot of multiplayer computer games I can think of the top of my head unless you are connecting two computers via LAN (except games like Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy type of games but these games have been in the market for ever why the sudden surge now?). I think it is more plausible if what they meant by computer was actually console games.
Banking on that fact (console games), I think it has to do with nintendo absolutely revolutionizing the video game world with the invention of the Wii and the DS (Read the case study on the Wii invite you to play on the effie website, it won the grand effie for this year). Suddenly games became more accesible to moms and families because the nature of games have changed, instead of worrying about FPS and kill rate you now had games that were all about fun and interactivity (sure you still have the FPS and kill rate crowd but their all into the PS3 and Xbox360).
Post a Comment