Friday, October 17, 2008

Quant Boot Camp

Yesterday, 6 of us sat through a Web Seminar about using eTelmar services and telling a story with MRI data > totally useful and totally...over my head. I haven't had a math class since junior year in high school and that was pre-calc/trigonometry. In college, I elected to get a BA - so I can speak Spanish, but I can't speak numbers. And this is where the problem lies.

I know eTelmar isn't "math" per se, but it's a language I just don't speak and learning is a frustrating and drawnout process. Oh well, baby steps, right?

Which brings me to my BIG IDEA: Quant Boot Camp. We have a few "quant smartys" here at the agency; who would be interested in having them put together a lesson plan, boot camp style, in which we could receive an intense, disciplined "schooling" in quantitative research methods?

Any takers?